myadcode

Sunday, March 6, 2016

Spaghetti Squash Pasta A.K.A Carb-less pasta !

First of all, let me tell ya'll, no pasta is like the real pasta. But, let me tell you this as well, no pasta is like carb-less pasta !! Who doesn't love some guilt free treats?? I know I do. I always looked spaghetti squash sitting at the grocery store, and never bothered to pick that up. And then one fine day, I decided to get out of my comfort zone and here I am. I have to say, I really loved this pasta. So buckle up people, today we are gonna make some spaghetti, from a squash!

Ingredients:
Spaghetti squash - 1/2 of medium size
Ground beef -  1 cup (not pictured in this post), if you don't like beef, go for any lean meat.
Parsley - 1/4 cup, chopped
Garlic - 1 big clove, fine chopped
Red onion  - 2-3 tablespoon, chopped
Pasta sauce - 1 and 1/2 cup
Fresh Mozzarella cheese - 4-5 slices
Grated Parmesan cheese - 1/2 cup
Salt -  to taste
Oil - 1 tablespoon

First, cut your squash in half and scoop out the seeds and strings. Make small slits on the skin of the squash.


Rub the inside with some salt, pepper and oil. Preheat the oven to 400 degree Farenheit, and bake the squash keeping it upside down. This would take anywhere from 45 mins to 1 hour. Meanwhile fine chop garlic, onion and parsley and keep it aside. Once the squash is ready, scoop out the flesh, it will come out in strings just like spaghetti, or angel hair pasta. 



Heat a pan and add oil. Once it is hot, add garlic and onions to fry until translucent. Add the ground beef and cook. Add salt and pepper to your taste. Once beef is cooked well, add spaghetti and pasta sauce. Mix well. Transfer to a baking dish, top it with grated Parmesan and fresh Mozzarella cheese. This can be cooked with out cheese, but I wouldn't recommend without Parmesan. Anyway, I love me some cheese, always. And if you like more cheese, add in some Romano as well. Bake for 15 mins or until cheese is melted. Serve hot. 


Enjoy,
Anjana

No comments:

Post a Comment