myadcode

Thursday, July 28, 2016

Overnight Oats - A Healthy Breakfast Treat (No Sugar Added)

Yes people. Oats. Again !
Trying to eat healthy is something I am trying to teach myself. So I experiment a lot with my foods. This is one of those experiments gone good. So without further ado, here is the recipe.

This is a single serving recipe.

Ingredients:
Oats - 1/3 cup
Almond milk or milk of your choice -  2/3 cup
Greek yogurt -  1 tablespoon heaped
Raisins - 1/4 cup
Chia seeds - 1 tablespoon
Cinnamon - a few pinches (Don't like cinnamon? try a few drops of vanilla here)

Now, it goes super simple and easy. Mix everything in a mason jar, and refrigerate overnight.


Add chopped fresh fruits in the morning. That's it. No cooking involved. I added here, strawberries, a small ripe plantain and mangoes. The sweetness mainly comes from the raisins, so if you are a raisin hater, try to add more banana or apples. I was devouring it, and my picky eating 5 year old actually decided to eat a little from that!!!


This is some seriously delicious breakfast that keeps you full for a long time.

Cheers,
Anjana

No comments:

Post a Comment